Android Devices at 190 Million, $2.5 Billion Run-Rate for Mobile Revenues
During the most recent earnings call at Google, the CEO at Google Larry Page shared some new statistics on how Google is doing in new entry areas like mobile and social media. Google’s new social media site, Google + has made it past the 40 million registered user mark. This is somewhat of a vanity metric. Furthermore, the run rate for Google’s mobile revenue has now met the $2.5 billion amount, which is more than double the run rate of $1 billion approximately a year prior.
Page also noted the rise in Android devices, going from a July total of 130 million to 190 million. The more important figure is that there is now a $2.5 billion mobile revenue run rate, which is an astonishing 150% jump from just a year prior. The majority of the revenues ostensibly come from mobile search advertisements. Page wouldn’t, however, break down the specifics of display ad revenues versus mobile search revenues explicitly. Although that’s the case, given Google’s dominance in mobile search, it’s quite likely that’s where the bulk of their mobile revenues are being generated from.
When it comes to Google +, Page sees their burgeoning social network as being just on the cusp of the foundational stages. Google is in the process of baking the sharing and identity of all of their products. Web sharing is going to be just like sharing in the real world, and will be able to be done across all of users stuff. There have already been more than 3.4 billion phones uploaded onto Google +. This is just the beginning.
Finally, Google + is going to be touching every part of everything that’s Google. In the past quarter Google shipped the +, now they’re going to be shipping the Google part of the equation. The future definitely seems bright.
- Google Claims That the $2.2 Billion Oracle Claim against Android Is Flawed
- The World Hits 5 Billion Active Cell Phones and 50 Billion By 2020
- Smartphone Sales Anticipated To Pass Computers By 2012
- Companies Will Be Able To Reach A Billion Smartphone Customers By 2013
- Free Government Cell Phones for All Eligible Americans Could Generate $3.7 Billion in Income
- HTC Currently Developing 3D Android Smartphone
- Foursquare Hits the Massive Number, the Mighty Million
- Verizon to Pay $25 Million for Their Spurious Fees
- PayPal Mobile Payments Forecast Lifted By eBay CEO
- Google’s Picture Search Application Is Being Tested as a Marketing Tool