The Motorola Devour and Droid Get Their End of Life Notification
The Motorola Droid and Motorola Devour have gotten their notice for the end of their lives so out with the older in with the fresh mobile phones. With the upper echelon of the smartphone lineup of Verizon filled up with both the HTC Incredible along with the Motorola Droid X the now 5 month old Devour and the 8 month old Droid are now being sent packing along to hit the dusty trail.
Verizon is still going to be selling both of the handsets but they’re not going to be taking anymore shipments from the manufacturer Motorola. With that in mind if you want it make sure that you order your own before they disappear.
There are some additional handsets that are going to be also tapering off. One of the others is the Blackberry 9630 Tour – its replacement is the Blackberry Bold 9650. Also the Nokia Twist is phasing out and is currently going through a sale. Additionally, there are some Samsung phones also being phased out. These are the:
When it comes to the phones that are being phased out though, the Motorola ones are the big ones to be hitting the pavement.
The Droid had begun the foray of Android phones for Verizon and has since then managed to spin into an extremely flourishing ad campaign along with a large amount of phones not only from Motorola but also HTC.
Even though the Devour simply occupied a more midlevel spot it still really failed to impress most anyone but it did manage to offer a more affordable option to the Droid. With the Droid 2 coming right around the corner it should now fulfill the quota for a more landscape slider Android handset. No matter what comes we do know that although the Devour and Droid are hitting the road Motorola and Android phones and Verizon are here to stay.
- Cell Phone Comparison: Motorola Droid vs. Motorola Devour
- Verizon Now Has the Motorola DEVOUR
- The Droid 2 Could Be the First Phone Launching With Froyo
- Verizon, Motorola to Launch Droid Pro for Business Users
- Cell Phone Comparison: Motorola Droid vs. T-Mobile G1
- Droid Fans, Rejoice! Google to Acquire Motorola’s Cell Phone Division
- The Motorola Droid is Here! New Phones at Cell-Phone-Plans.net
- Motorola Atrix 4G and Droid Bionic Plotting a Dual-Core Course
- Going Global: Motorola’s Droid 2 Global Compared With The Original Droid 2
- Apple Files Suit against Motorola Over the Droid and Claimed Patent Violations