Microsoft Zune Phone – Code Named Pink
According to the latest information, Microsoft may very well have built a Zune Phone already—and the operation to build it was given the code name Pink. There have been discoveries in recent weeks and months of new code in programs that indicate program files for a phone—the Zune. When the phone is going to be released is still unclear, though.
While Microsoft has had another project in the works for quite some time that involves a tablet device making use of a touch screen, more interest has re-opened that project—the Surface. However, it’s the Zune that people are curious about.
Microsoft Windows Mobile 7 is evidently going to be the format on which Zune is going to be set up. Windows Mobile 7 is due to be introduced in March 2010 at the Mobile World Congress, several months ahead of when the Zune Pink Phone will theoretically go into production. In comparison to other mobile phones which are set up on Windows Mobile 6.5, the Zune will be more up to date with the current software.
There are rumors as to what the Pink Zune Phone may contain for specifications. Some of those things seem to be built-in GPS, a 3 mega-pixel camera, and a touch screen that will supposedly measure up to 854 x 480 pixels. Additionally, the Zune Pink will be able to keep up with movement of the screen due to an accelerometer that is built in, full Wi-Fi support, Bluetooth, USB and more.
It remains to be seen whether or not these specifications turn out to be correct, but there is great hope that they will. The Zune phone will be an interesting competitor against the likes of the iPhone and the Samsung Intrepid.
Consumers will have to look at the new Pink Zune Phone and all the goodies available to them on it. Then, the decision to try it out will be theirs—but it should be an easy decision to make!
- Windows Phone 7, Can It Save Microsoft’s Mobile Bacon
- Nokia Is Eying Microsoft’s Phone Operating System
- Windows Mobile 7: Business Edition vs. Media Edition
- Microsoft Unveils Their New Windows Phones
- Windows Mobile Se7en-For Your Entertainment
- Microsoft Experimenting With a Shape Shifting Touch-Screen
- Microsoft to Reveal Windows Phone 7 on 10/11
- Stylin’ Pink and Purple Cell Phones for Sale
- Launch Roundup of Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7
- HTC Betting Big On Android despite Love for Microsoft