Senior Citizen Cell Phone Plans
These days, wireless plan options are available for seniors that would like to have a cell phone but do not need all of the extra costs and high amount associated with many of the currentplans and network providers. These cell phone plans can be a great alternative for people who would like to have a cell phone in case of the emergency or while traveling time.
These plans are more affordable, they have a limited amount of usage minutes attached to the plans and people who may use a cell phone more often may find that more common rate plans may better fit their needs. It can be difficult to trace the actual number of minutes used and we tend to use our phones more often than we expect.
The first plan is Verizon Nationwide 65 plus
Similar to the AT&T senior nation 200 plan for seniors, Verizon now has a wireless cell phone plan for people 65 years of age and older called 65 plus cell phone plan. Like AT&T, this new lower cost plan is geared towards seniors who may not use a cell phone very often, but wish to have a phone for emergencies and stay connected to family, friends, children, grandchildren and physicians for medical monitoring purposes.
TheVerizon plan is structured much like the other plan offered by AT&T, but has a few added features. The new plan includes 200 anytime minutes, 500 night & weekend minutes and unlimited national IN calling minutes for a $29.99 monthly access fee. You can also add extra lines, call internationally and have access to the Internet. Fees may apply.
- 200 anytime minutes
- 500 night and weekends minutes
- No domestic roaming or long distance charges
- Unlimited national IN calling minutes
- $35 activation fee. $25 for secondary nationwide 65 plus 2-line calling plan line
- $29.99 monthly access fee
- $45 per minute for additional minutes
- One or two-year minimum term required per line
Plan features Included:
- Access to mobile web 2.0
- Three way calling
- Caller ID
- Call waiting
- Basic voice mail (Airtime minutes may be charged for accessing voicemail)
- Long distance
- 411 calling, fees apply
Early termination fees of up to $175 per line will apply. If you think that you or your loved ones may use more minutes than those allotted by this plan, you may want to look into plans with more minutes. You can not add more minutes to the senior nation 200 plan and it may be difficult for phone users to determine how many minutes they are actually using every month.
AT&T senior nation 200
AT&T recently released a wireless cell phone plan for people 65 years of age and older. This new plan is a lower cost plan geared towards seniors who may not use a cell phone very often.
The details for this plan are the same as Verizon Nationwide65 plus, but no rollover minutes are included with this particular rate plan.
- Senior Citizen Cell Phones: How to Donate Your Cell Phone For Seniors
- Top Senior Citizen Cell Phones
- Senior Citizen Cell Phones: Finding One
- Considerations When Selecting a Cell Phone for a Senior Citizen
- How to Choose a Phone for a Senior Citizen
- GPS Capable Cell Phones for the Senior Citizen
- AT&T Senior Phone Plans
- Senior Value Cellphone: The Least Expensive Cell Phone For Senior Citizens
- Free Senior Cell Phones
- Senior Citizens Can Find Cell Phone Plans Too