Safelink Wireless and the Free Wireless Cell Phone Plan
The market today is a shark tank of wireless phone plans. The massive phone corporations are cutting the consumer huge deals in order to compete with their competitors and other massive corporations. The landline is taking it’s passenger on a ride to other solutions – mobile solutions. While our phone bills continue to become more and more of a setback financially, when the end of the day comes, it’s a free wireless phone plan that can point you toward a new direction.
Conceivably, you might recall the day when the cell phone was used to merely call our friends, our family and our neighbors. After that, you saw wireless devices starting to supplement and eventually replacing landlines and house phones. Soon after that we got SMS or more known as text messing now. This new type of communication started to become commonplace with not just the youth that are into new technology but widespread through the general population as well. We have data plans, internet and all of these extremely convenient utilities neatly packed into a concept that used to be so simple, just speaking into a receiver.
The downside that comes with all these new technologies is that the more these companies invest into new and higher tech telecommunications the more they will end up charging the consumer. It really appears that the more we look for a cost effective solution it’s simply not being made very possible by the larger telecommunication solutions. Everyone understands paying some hefty fees for the trivial luxuries that can come with a cell phone, like being able to browse the internet. These can be very hefty financial burden though as well. It’s completely understandable that most people want to settle for a more practical solution.
If money is really at issue what is more practical than getting your cell phone completely free of charge? Easiest answer to a question I’ll probably have to answer, absolutely nothing. It’s actually a possibility for those that qualify and we’ll examine the option for a free wireless phone plan now.
Here enters Safelink Wireless. Safelink Wireless is a program that’s funded by the government and it offers free handsets along with all of the reasonably expected capabilities to those that: live in the United State; are income eligible. Safelink Wireless provides handsets along with prepaid minutes to those that qualify for the program. Below is program information as laid out on their website. The qualification process for the Lifeline service through Safelink is dependent on the state that you live in. Although it’s funded federally all of the qualifications as well as if the service is even offered go through the specific states. You might qualify for the program if:
- You’re already in a federal or state assistance program, like federal housing assistance, Medicaid, food stamps, etc.
- The total income for your household is either at or below 135% of the state and/or government poverty guidelines
- Nobody in the household currently receives the service through a different carrier
- You have a valid USPS address (PO boxes don’t qualify and thus aren’t excepted)
The Safelink free wireless phone and service program is something that’s very beneficial for anybody that doesn’t want all of the glitz and the glam and can’t afford it even if they did but they just need to have a cell phone to make the occasional phone call to make sure that life stays in check.
The program has helped many people and has been a positive impact on many people’s lives.
- SafeLink by TracFone, Get a Free Cell Phone in Wisconsin
- Safelink Wireless Applies To Offer Free Government Cell Phones in Idaho
- Getting a Free Cell Phone Plan from the Government
- Free Cell Phones, If You’re on Government Assistance
- Free Government Cell Phones through ReachOut Wireless
- Qualifying For a Free Government Cell Phone
- Free Government Cell Phones for Those in Need – Safelink
- The Lifeline Free Government Cell Phone Program
- Qualifying for Safelink in Alabama
- How to Get Your Free Cell Phone Along With Free Minutes and Coverage