Kajeet: Cell Phone Plans Just For Kids
If you are like most parents, you want your kids to be happy, and you want them to stay safe. One of the best companies offering cell phone plans designed just for kids is Kajeet. The company was founded in 2007, by three dads who were just not happy with what was available at the time. Today, they offer a very nice selection of kid friendly cell phones and several different kids cell phone plans. Let’s take a quick look at what the company has to offer!
One of the most important reasons to get your kids cell phones is to ensure that they stay safe. Many cellphones geared toward adults are very sophisticated and allow unlimited access to the internet – a great thing for grown-ups, but not the best for curious kids who might not understand the many unseen threats out there on the internet.
Kajeet offers excellent parental controls that allow you to decide just which features your kids can use and even allow you to determine when those features can and cannot be used. Here are some examples:
- Feature Manager – Kajeet’s feature manager lets parents decide which phone features kids can and cannot use. You can decide which websites can be accessed, and whether to allow photo messaging or not. If you like to use your child’s phone as a way to reinforce disciplinary action, you can ground your kids from some features while still allowing them to call you, and call 911 in an emergency, for example.
- Contact Manager – You can create black and white lists with Kajeet, deciding which phone numbers your kids can and cannot call, and whether calls from certain numbers will or will not be allowed. This can be time-based, so your kids can only call their friends during certain hours, for example.
- Time Manager – Parents decide when the Kajeet phone can be used. You can schedule the phone to be “off” during school hours, after a certain time in the evening, or any other time. These restrictions can be setup for any day or time, in 30 minute increments. This does not prevent 911 calls, so kids can always use their phones if an emergency arises.
- Wallet Manager – You can add dollars to the child’s Kajeet account. This can help you teach responsibility, and it can also be used as a reward system, to let your child buy games or ringtones.
GPS Phone Locator
One of Kajeet’s best features is the built in GPS Phone Locator, which parents can activate at any time to check up on their kids’ whereabouts, or locate a lost phone. This is a great way to be sure that your kids are where they are supposed to be, when they are supposed to be there! If you’re afraid your kids are going to the mall when they are supposed to be in school, or if you’re worried that they are going to places you’ve forbidden them to go, you can check on them at any time.
Kajeet offers a wide range of popular phone models, including flip phones like the Katana LX and the Samsung M320. They also offer other popular kids cell phone models, like the Samsung Seek and the LG Rumor. A variety of plans are available to fit any budget, beginning at just $4.99 per month.
- Kids’ Cellphones: The Best Phones for Kids
- When is a Child ready for Their Own Cell Phone?
- Cell Phone Etiquette for Kids
- Kid Friendly Cell Phones, Bringing Parents Control, Safety, & A Direct Link Their Kids
- Cell Phones and Children: To Buy or Not to Buy
- Most Kids Getting Their First Cell Phone at Age 12 Or 13
- What Age Should My Children Be To Get a Cell Phone?
- Smartphone Applications Track Your Kids on Halloween
- Signs of Cell Phone Bullying
- Cell Phones In Schools – What You Should Know