Mobile Commerce: The Future of Shopping
There’s no doubt about it, mobile phones and especially smart phones are here to stay. Look around at the movies, on the commuter train or in the waiting room at your doctor’s office and you will see that the smart phone has become an integral part of nearly everyone’s life. Checking facebook, updating your blog, texting with friends, listening to music and sometimes even making actual phone calls are all quick and easy with your phone. In fact, our phones do so much, it’s almost easy enough to forget that it is a phone! There are even apps out that allow you to make phone calls with your cell phone-crazy, but true! Apparently, with so many features on the phones, some people have actually forgotten that they can use these amazing devices to make phone calls and talk to people.
With games, movies and more, you may be thinking that you know how to do it all with your phone, but you have probably only scratched the surface of mobile commerce. Here are a few of the best mobile commerce sites around and what they offer:
- For the beauty enthusiast, the mobile commerce site by Sephora is the coolest one around. With access to all their products right from your handset, you may never have to visit their traditional website again. Even more exciting is how interactive their mobile app is, with videos to demonstrate the products and links to facebook where consumers can chat with other make-up aficionados about the products Sephora features. Get product recommendations from the company and from other customers.
- Everyone loves shopping at Target, and their mobiles commerce app makes it even easier to enjoy your favorite store-even when you don’t have time to actually stop there in person. Stay on top of sales with their daily deals-which are one day sales that feature free shipping-or just find the closest Target to where you are. You can use the barcode scanner to find an item’s price, which is great for comparing prices when you are at another store and want to know how much the item is at Target. With this mobile app, you can also store shopping lists and add items to registries.
- Amazon.com the online shopping giant knows how to do mobile commerce right. Their site is interactive, informative and maybe even a little addictive. With so many features and so many ways to shop (new, used-even auction style) it’s as easy to get lost on their mobile app as it is to waste untold amounts of time on their website. With the added bonus that you can find pretty much anything you want on their app, Amazon is a must have for shoppers of all kinds.
Mobile commerce is definitely here to stay-and it promises to get more and more popular the use of smart phones continues to expand and grow. The mobile shopping apps that retailers provide can simplify your shopping, make it more enjoyable and the apps are even free!
- What You need to Know About Mobile Commerce
- Home Depot App takes Mobile Commerce on the Job
- The Giant of M-commerce: Mobile Commerce
- M-commerce: Why even small businesses should be thinking about it
- Best Shopping apps for Android Phones
- Going Mobile In Order To Grow – Big Commerce
- EBay Shows Where Mobile Shopping Is Hot
- Bar Code Scanner Apps Save you Cash!
- Study Shows 50% of Smartphone Users Would Shop Using Their Mobile Phone
- Call Records and the Future of Mobile Business Billing